I’m sharing my experiences during a 21-day food detox. If you’d like to start reading from Day 1, click here.
Green beans, that is. They’re a great side dish or super yummy raw. I love them lightly steamed with a little salt and pepper and butter, but since butter (dairy) is a no-no on a detox diet, I decided to try something new and I’m so glad I did. This is a simple way to dress up any steamed vegetable and it only takes five minutes to pull together!
This recipe creates a quick and easy topping for any steamed vegetable…green beans, snap peas, asparagus, broccoli, zucchini, carrots, it’s all good!
- 1 pd fresh green beans (or your favorite vegetable) washed, trimmed, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 Tbl Italian parsley coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbl stoneground mustard make sure there’s no sugar, gluten, or soy in it if you’re detoxing
- 2 Tbl olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 1 squeeze fresh lemon or lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Steam vegetables to your liking (I like mine crisp-tender).
- While veggies are steaming, whisk together all remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Taste and add salt if needed.
- Drain vegetables, then drizzle the dressing over veggies (or toss in the dressing) and serve.
This dressing is also great on chicken, fish, potatoes, or salads.
I’m a day behind since our internet was down last night. But, I don’t have a lot to report about Day 9 anyway!
Wins: Wendy’s salads aren’t exactly detox-friendly (who knows where those vegetables come from) but I figured it was a better choice than a burger and fries, right?
Flubs: No walk today – boo!
My sweet tooth is nagging so I’m going to try making coconut whipped cream (minus the sugar) and have that with some fresh raspberries—wish me luck!
Wins: Enjoyed a great walk today, only 20 minutes but better than nothing!
Flubs: That one, teeny-tiny cup of coffee. Has anyone figured out my vice yet? Ha!
What’s your favorite go-to vegetable dish? (Commenting is easy—just enter your comment, your first name, and email for verification. Don’t worry, your email address is only used to verify you as a real person and we won’t add you to a list or send you spam.)